• 150525farmer850x240.jpg

Donations to PHAA

The Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) was established in 1991 and provides forums for the discussion of public health in Australia and a voice that advocates for better public health research, policies, programs and funding. This is the voice of a wide variety of professional public health workers.

We are funded partially by our members, Federal Government and through PHAA Conferences. Our small team and members are the driving force behind our work delivering policies, position statements, submissions, publications, Conferences and maintaining a strong voice for public health.

PHAA is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and donations are welcome and appreciated as every little bit helps advocate for better public health in Australia.

By donating you can help the association:

  • Advocate key public health messages
  • Conference development (including but not limited to: National Immunisation Conference, National Primary Health Care Conference, Communicable Disease Conference and PHAA Annual Conference)
  • Development of policies, position statements and submissions
  • Scholarships, mentorships, grants and awards
  • Resources for public health professionals

Donations can be made by:

  1. Cheque payable to the Public Health Association of Australia, PO Box 319, CURTIN ACT 2605
  2. Direct deposits may be made by sending an email to operations@phaa.net.au for bank details.

NOTE: Receipts for tax deductibility are issued for every donation over $2.


Leaving a bequest in your Will to support continued work in public health education and research will help to progress public health projects into the future. The following words are a guide to those who wish to include a bequest in their Will:

“I give and bequeath to the Public Health Association of Australia (ABN 41 062 894 473) of Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory a legacy in the sum of $______________ for its general charitable purposes absolutely and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other appropriate officer of that Association shall be a full discharge to my Trustee in respect of this legacy without my Trustee being bound to see the application there of.”